Grade E (£11.24 – £13.20 per hour). Hours of work: 20 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum.
The Governors of St Thomas Primary School are seeking to appoint a Parent and Family Support Adviser to join our friendly and dedicated staff team. The position is perfect for someone who feels they have the drive and ability to make a real difference to the lives of our pupils, leading on safeguarding and supporting our parents and families.
The main duties will include:
- Taking a lead role in safeguarding, working in conjunction with staff and other agencies – attending safeguarding meetings.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with parents supporting them to develop their parenting skills by providing information, guidance, advice and positive parenting opportunities and preparing programmes of activities as part of a family plan.
- Working with vulnerable families who may have complex needs and those who find services hard to reach, supporting them to develop and maintain relationships in their wider social environments and working with them in times of crisis.
- Working in partnership with families in their own home, providing them with practical and personal support to enable them to function more effectively as a family unit, negotiating desired outcomes
- Communicating and working with a range of professionals and agencies
The Governors are seeking someone who:
- Has excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Has sound inter-personal skills.
- Has effective problem-solving skills.
- Can demonstrate empathy, compassion and confidentiality.
- Has the professional skills to manage and attend safeguarding meetings.
- Is able to work some unsociable hours to fulfil the requirements of the post.
St Thomas Primary School is a very popular school with a warm, inclusive environment and friendly, cheerful, hardworking children and staff. We are committed to the continuous development of our school and place a considerable emphasis on the continuing professional development of staff.
The closing date for applications is noon on Wednesday 4th July 2018 and interviews will be held on Tuesday 10th July 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share our commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post and appointment will be subject to at least two satisfactory references.