MyMaths is an interactive online teaching and homework website for schools that is designed to support children’s maths learning and knowledge. It is used in over 70 countries by around 4 million students each year. It helps to build children’s skills, confidence and fluency in maths and is suitable for children from age 5 upwards. The content is written for the new National Curriculum in England.
At St Thomas, we will be using MyMaths for Homework in maths. All children from Years 1 to 6 will have a unique log on code so that they can access the games and activities set by their teacher.
How it works:
- Each week, your child’s teacher will set online maths homework. This will be linked to learning that the children will be doing in class the following week.
- At home, log onto the website www.mymaths.co.uk using the school’s username and password.
- Find the My Portal box and enter your child’s personal username and password.
- The task set by your child’s teacher will appear in the Homework area.
- There is also a link to the lesson. We would advise that all children do this before attempting the homework. It is full of games and activities linked to what the children need to learn.
- When your child is ready, they can attempt the homework. Their score is recorded and saved so their teacher can see how well they did. If your child needs a bit more practise, they can return to the games and activities.
- Children can attempt the homework more than once.
Should you have any questions, please see your child’s class teacher.
As a school, we have created a number of short films to support maths learning at St Thomas. They cover key concepts and calculation methods across the curriculum from Year 1 to Year 6. In school, we use them for pre-teaching to get children more prepared for that days maths lessons or after a lesson if a child needs some more help.
Alternatively, your child’s class teacher might send home a link to a Fluency Film. They will do this because they feel it will help your child be more confident in their maths the following day or that they need a bit more practise in a certain area. Please support your child by helping them to access the films on any PC, tablet or phone that has access to the internet.
Links can be typed directly into the address bar on your browser or you can find your film in one of the sections below. Click on the area of maths and you will find the latest list of these films in that section.